Dreamstime.com is a powerful Royalty-Free stock photography agency, aiming to supply you with high quality digital images at unbelievable prices. All our stock images are provided by our community's photographers, shot on film or digital and approved by our in-house designers and photographers.
Dreamstime.com acts as an agency providing quality images to professionals of the industry, as well as helping professional or amateur photographers sell their portfolio online. They do not require exclusivity for the images you upload, but each uploaded image becomes subject to their terms and conditions, and you must own the rights for each image you upload to their database.
Starting September 2006, Dreamstime is a member of PACA (Picture Archive Council of America), the trade association for stock agencies in United States.
+ no photos to approve, after uploading ID you can start upload
+ you get your own FTP upload account
+ for each transaction, the photographer receives a 50 percent fee
+ as soon as a specific file reaches 100 downloads, it automatically becomes a 2nd level file. In a similar way, as soon as the file has 500 downloads it becomes a 3rd level file. This approach is intended to give an equal chance to all files in the very beginning. It is also a way to encourage good shots that have less downloads, against other similar shots that have many downloads.
+ photographer may request to be paid for his/her sales as soon as the balance has reached $100
+ the currently send payments by bank check, Paypal or Moneybookers.
+ starting from minimum file size accepted 3 MPix
- took longer to sell first photo but then OK
- only JPG / RGB
- minimum file size accepted is 3 MPix
- There is a limit to the number of images submitted per day:
* Users with an approval percentage higher than 60% can upload the maximum amount of images and can use the FTP feature. This applies for the first 100 submissions if you're a new photographer. * Users with an approval percentage of between 50-60% can upload the maximum amount of images and can use the FTP feature.
* Users with an approval percentage of between 30-50% can upload half of the maximum amount of images and can use the FTP feature.
* Users with an approval percentage of between 0-30% can upload a quarter of the maximum amount of images and cannot use the FTP feature.
Sample Credit Download Calculation:
For each transaction, the photographer receives a 50 percent fee. Exclusive images receive a 60 percent fee, while exclusive photographers enjoy an additional bonus of $0.20 for each approved submission. Considering all bonuses that are awarded to the buyer, the actual royalties can reach up to 80% or more.
How to pass succesfully the entry test on Dreamstime ?
Your first step in selling your images is to register to the site, which you can do for free on the Register page. Then go to the Upload Files option, under the Photographers tab.